This product contains Propolis, which is created by bees from the natural resin produced by trees as part of their defence system. Honeybees collect the resin, mix in beeswax and enzymes, and use it to protect the hive. Propolis contains a range of bioflavonoids which are known for their antioxidant properties.
- Comvita Propolis has been shown to have antibacterial properties making it useful for the relief of symptoms of colds, flu and sore throats.
- Comvita® Propolis Tinctures are made from the highest quality propolis in an alcohol base.
- Comvita® Propolis is created by bees from natural resin produced by trees as part of their defence system. Honeybees collect the resin, mix in beeswax and enzymes, and use it to protect the hive.
- Propolis contains high levels of bioflavonoids with well known antioxidant properties.
- Propolis Tincture is recommended as a gargle to provide relief from symptoms of a sore throat and mouth.
- Propolis Tincture helps to maintain healthy teeth and gums, assisting in reduction of bacteria that may contribute to tooth cavities
For this reason propolis is known as ‘nature’s best defence’. We mimic the clever bees by collecting propolis from our hives, using it as a key ingredient in many of our immune health products.
Internally: Mix 6-12 drops in water and gargle and/or swallow. Drink up to three times daily.
Externally: apply directly onto the skin as required. The alcohol evaporates quickly on the skin leaving a covering of propolis.
WARNINGS: Propolis may cause severe allergic reactions. If irritation or swelling of the mouth or throat occurs, discontinue use and consult a healthcare practitioner. Propolis may cause skin irritation. Test before use. Contains ethanol. Pregnant or lactating women: Consult a healthcare professional before taking this product. Not suitable for infants under the age of twelve months. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.