Combines Milk Thistle (St Mary’s) with Chinese herbs traditionally used to detoxify, strengthen and support the liver.
Features and benefits
- Helps relieve digestive symptoms such as dyspepsia (indigestion), abdominal discomfort, flatulence, bloating, constipation and haemorrhoids.
- Supports the body’s own detoxification and waste elimination processes.
- Stimulates the production and flow of bile.
- Teams the Western herb Milk Thistle (St Mary’s) with a synergistic blend of Chinese herbs to support liver and gall bladder health.
- Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects on the liver.
How it works
Fusion® Liver Tonic supports the liver and gall bladder in four ways:
Detoxification: Liver Tonic contains several herbs that have traditionally been used to promote healthy liver detoxification and the elimination of wastes, including Chinese Dandelion and Schisandra.
For example, according to Chinese medicine, Chinese Dandelion clears Heat and Fire Toxicity in the Liver. These energetic imbalances are traditionally regarded as being caused by overindulgence in greasy food, alcohol, tobacco and similar substances (along with other causes), and may lead to constipation and other digestive issues, especially those considered hot in nature.
Regulation: Liver Tonic supports normal digestion and liver metabolism, and includes herbs such as Chen Pi and Baical Skullcap, which have traditionally been used to stimulate the production and flow of bile.
From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), symptoms such as bloating and abdominal discomfort may be indicative of stagnation of Liver Blood and/or Qi, so this formula also includes herbs such as Bupleurum to help regulate the flow of Qi (energy) and Blood and aid their dispersal throughout the body, thereby helping to maintain homeostasis and support emotional balance.
Strengthening: Liver Tonic fortifies the liver by enhancing the scavenging of free radicals, inhibiting inflammation and enhancing immune defences. It includes Goji Berries and Rehmannia, which have traditionally been used to address sluggish liver function (hepatic insufficiency). In TCM terms, this formula also strengthens the Kidney organ-meridian, which is the source of healthy Liver Qi.
Support: Milk Thistle supports the health and function of the liver cells (hepatocytes), while also helping to relieve digestive symptoms such as indigestion and bloating . In Liver Tonic, it is accompanied by Bupleurum and Schisandra, which also have liver supporting properties.
Each tablet contains extracts equivalent to dry:
|Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle)|
equiv. to flavonolignans as silybin 40.8mg
|Taraxacum mongolicum (Asian Dandelion)||whole plant||500mg|
|Scutelleria baicalensis (Baical Skullcap)||root||375mg|
|Lycium barbarum (Goji Berry)||fruit||300mg|
|Citrus reticulata (Citrus peel)||fruit peel||300mg|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Directions for use
- Recommended Dosage:
Take 1-2 tablets once daily.
Children under 6 years: Take as professionally advised.
- An extra dose may be taken to enhance results or as professionally advised.
- Best taken before breakfast and /or before bed. Drink plenty of water.
- During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.