Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC, also acetyllevocarnitine) is the naturally occurring acetyl ester of L-carnitine and is the delivery form for both L-carnitine and acetyl groups. Carnitine is an amino acid required for normal healthy lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. It is concentrated in cardiac and skeletal cells where it helps deliver fatty acids into mitochondria for cellular energy production. High concentrations are also found in the male reproductive tract and the brain. When acetylated in the form of ALC, it readily crosses the blood-brain barrier to support neuronal energetics and repair mechanisms while modifying acetylcholine production in the CNS.
- Assists the transport of long-chain fatty acids (LCFA) into mitochondria, where they are oxidised for the synthesis of cellular energy.
- Supports normal healthy lipid and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Provides nutritional support and antioxidant protection for healthy cell membrane integrity.
- Balances and supports normal male physiology and function.
- Plays a role in normal sperm motility.
- Supports healthy brain function.
- Supports healthy ageing.
Adults: As prescribed by your healthcare practitioner.
Each capsule contains:
|Acetyllevocarnitine hydrochloride (acetyl-l-carnitine)||500mg|